Work at Daisy Hill Farm is gaining speed as seedlings are finally germinating and growing! Can you guess the select seedlings below? Fun fact: We are growing over 3,000 seedlings inside right now!
1. Hint: This is not native to New England. Specially grown for fans of the Indian cuisine.
2. Hint: This grows like a weed in California, but we have to intentionally plant it here in New England.
3. Hint: This is dangerous to put directly in to the vegetable garden, because once it is established, it is hard to eradicate. Important ingredient in a favorite summer cocktail.
4. Hint: This will grow into a cold-loving crop that must be protected from the chickens!
5. Hint: Cold hardy veggie that makes two veggie dishes in one harvest: greens and root!
- Gongoora aka Roselle